12 brand new 70 foot ocean racing yachts, a 40,000 mile circumnavigation, 15 races, 13 countries, 1 winner.
The only qualification required – a thirst for adventure.
I am seeking sponsorship to realise my long held ambition to sail around the world.
With a worldwide audience in excess of half a billion people, would you like to have your company identified with the values of seamless teamwork, efficiency under pressure and the courage to expand borders by helping me take on the challenge of a lifetime?
How could sponsoring me benefit your business?
The Clipper 13-14 Round the World Yacht Race will be a major global event with an estimated audience in excess of half a billion people in more than 200 countries.
Ahead of the race start in July 2013, there is already substantial interest in the Clipper Race and the participating crews. In the lead up to the race, all crew members must participate in a minimum of three weeks training; whilst there is a focus on learning to sail, the underlying purpose of the training is to develop teamwork and leadership skills which will be as important if not more important to the safe and effective running of the yachts than the sailing skills. Crew selection takes place in May 2013, where each participant will find out who they will be taking on their challenge of a lifetime with and which yacht has been assigned to them. Media coverage continues after the race has finished – a documentary series has been made for each of the past two races, providing ongoing media exposure and opportunities for those businesses involved in sponsorship.
For companies who would like to get more involved in my Clipper Round the World race
- Media exposure during a major global event
- An estimated audience in excess of half a billion people in more than 200 countries
- Wear sponsored clothing prior to and during the race
- Use of sponsored crew generated images, written materials and videos for internal and external communications
- Visits by small groups of sponsors in port stopovers
- Availability for speaking and media engagements, including newspaper and magazine articles, TV interviews and more
- Your company logo with a link to your company website on the front page of my website.
- Share my experiences in motivational talks for staff or other social groups
- Help engender a greater team spirit at work by encouraging everyone to get involved and follow my progress
Clipper Race crew members are drawn from a wide range of socio-economic groups and
Please get in touch with me via the contact page – I would love the opportunity to provide additional information relating to the challenge I am undertaking.